If you are thinking of buying anything from Kane's furniture, run, run like heck! Do not listen or believe them when the tell you about their lifetime guarantee and then try to sell you additional guarantees for more money!
I purchased $8000 of furniture from Kane's Furniture. Part of that was a couch and loveseat of bonded leather. I have owned other leather couches before, but when I questioned a Kane's representative about bonded leather, I was told how strong and durable it was and not to worry. Besides Kane's has a lifetime warranty. I do not have children and my furniture is very lightly used. Within 13 months I noticed a bubbling of the leather and it was separating from its backing. The separation is only getting worse.
When I called the store, sent photos as requested, they called me and told me that they were going to have the cushion replaced and that it would be ordered from the manufacturer. They were doing this for me as a favor because guess what? This is not covered in their lifetime guarantee! Well 9 months later I get a call from another Kane representative and she apologizes for the delay and informs me that they stopped carrying bonded leather furniture and that the defects in my couch and NOW my loveseat will only get worse. So, she proposes that I send more photos and she will try to get a buy back for me and/or credit to purchase something else.
Three weeks later I get a call and the Kane representative tells me my claim has been denied! I thought Kane's furniture was a reputable company, that they would stand behind their product. It is their responsibility to their customers and reputation. But when I see a lot of complaints about Kane's, not only on the bonded leather but other quality problems too, I know Kane's does not care about their customers, reputation and quality! DO Not BUY FROM THEM!
pS: I also purchased the UUV3 leather protection for the couch $99.00 and love seat $79.99!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Kanes Furniture Loveseat
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "These people delivered (2) new leather couches 1-1/2 months late in July, 2008. Tore a hole in (1) couch when bringing in to the room. Since then, they have moved..."
- "We purchased these couches in May 2013, from Kanes furniture in Ocala, Florida, and are are completely unsatisfied. The couches are peeling in the head rest area and along..."
- "Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp. The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Buyer BewareRegarding doing business with Innovative Health Products http://www.onlineihp.com/ and their parent company GeoPharma Inc. Our company had products manufactured by Innovative Heath and their parent company GeoPharma Inc...."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "I purchased a Natuzzi sectional at Macy's 7 months ago. Within about 4 months the cushions started collapsing and the leather wrinkling. Where the recliner lays back it began rubbing..."
- "It so sad to see all these negative reviews . I received my Snap On Smile (SOS) in February of 2012 and its the best 1600 dollar investment i made..."
- "It's a great airline if you like the idea of a flying a city bus. I don't normally do reviews but I had to go out of my way to..."