Kanes motto is "Quality so good, it's guaranteed for life".Bought a three person reclining sofa, with bonded leather.
A year later we purchased a power recliner, leather like. Soon after we bought the sofa, two of the recliner's mechanisms failed. One was replaced within weeks, the other one took awhile because the first part was from the "redesigned" sofa. At the same time the spring on one side failed, their answer was to put a foam cushion between the fabric and the spring, which made it lumpy.
After more complaints they replaced the spring. A year and a half later both broke again, Kanes wanted to charge us for the repair, we said no. Then the leather on the sofa started peeling off in little pieces and continues to shed with complete bald spots. The chair, started cracking and the seams started splitting.
Kanes offered to give us a $600 store credit for merchandise that retailed for $1500.
This is what you expect from furniture that is 10 years old or more.Stay away from Kanes!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kanes Furniture Leather Sofa
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp. The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific..."
- "I have had my Natuzzi leather sofa and recliner for 10 years. We just moved and my wife insisted on new leather because of the color of our Natuzzi. She..."
- "I bought the sampler package last fall and aside from the hassle of all the constraints as to when you can book your vacations, I have also found the exact..."
- "On March 4, 2014, we requested moving service from moving associate Mr. Ernie McNab who represents himself as a sales associate with Transworld Van Lines. We were living in Orlando..."
- "We purchased a brand new Jayco FLQS in April 2016. It was in the shop for warranty work for 9 days. One of the few things thing that..."
- " I ordered a T-shirt from TeeChip that was SUPPOSED to be supporting Democrats, I got a completely switched around shirt that supports Republican’s instead. It’s a pretty obvious color..."
- "It's a great airline if you like the idea of a flying a city bus. I don't normally do reviews but I had to go out of my way to..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."